Thursday, April 17, 2008

How this all began...

So I've been encouraged to keep a journal of my thoughts during this time. There is wisdom is this advice, because, even though things are hard, I can come back to this in the future to learn from my past.

When you break up with a boyfriend, things change. However, when you break off an engagement, things are intensified. You see, when you break up with someone, you play out a thousand scenarios in your head of how to handle different situations. But no matter how much you prepare yourself, the next day, it's the one coworker you'd never expect who comes up to you, says "I heard the bad news. Are you okay?" and suddenly, your mind is spinning as you plaster a smile on your face and nod, just in time to walk briskly to bathroom, choking back sobs as you pass customers and try to be inconspicuous. You then spend the next 10 minutes cleaning the bathrooms, hoping that no one notices your blotchy face and mentions it, lest you start all over again.
And then one day, you wake up, and it hurts a little less. You think about him only 23 hours, 59 minutes of the day. You can start to eat again and wake up one less time at night. This is the point I've reached. I've realized a few things about our time together. It reminds me of a saying, "Never regret something that once made you smile." While I disagree with this applying to all walks of life, I do belive that it rings true for me right now. Many girls would say things like "I wish I hadn't wasted all those years," or "If I had known, I wouldn't have gone through it," but that's not the way I feel. I got to grow up with someone. I got to watch him grow and change and learn how to adjust to that. I made friends that have helped me change my life.

My name is Michelle. I am 18 years old and have an ex-fiance because of reasons known only to him. The name David Michael {last name} and the person that it belongs to, will forever hold a special place in my heart: my first love. I spent 4 years, 7 months, and 27 days making "Me" into "We." I know him better than he knows himself and I believe he would say the same about me.We went through births, and deaths, birthdays, anniversaries, graduations. We went through extreme joy and intense sorrow. There was laughter and there were tears. And I don't regret a minute.

7 comments:

Becky said...

You write so well! I can't wait to read more! Wish I could be there but I always have an open ear:)!

Nancy M. said...

Your writing is so beautiful and your attitude is too! God will open a new door with more than you could have ever imagined.

Jay & P said...

Love it. You write beautifully. I'm glad to have a way to be in touch with you...

".....I took long walks and wrote in a journal, and after a while it wasn't nonsense anymore..... I found myself in Paris (Fishers)", quote from Sabrina that Jay quoted to you.
Love you
Jay & P

Jay & P said...

Love it. You write beautifully. I'm glad to have a way to be in touch with you...

".....I took long walks and wrote in a journal, and after a while it wasn't nonsense anymore..... I found myself in Paris (Fishers)", quote from Sabrina that Jay quoted to you.
Love you
Jay & P

Nancy M. said...

What you are saying is so beautiful even if it is hard to read.Why you might not always say things out loud, you articulate them well in writing.I am so proud of you, all that you have been and done and all that you will still become.I love you,mom

Josh & Jenny said...

Michelle, I can feel the agony through your words. I have many folks around me now who suffer this and greater through their troubles and trials, and how blessed you are to have a Mother and Father who love you the way they do, for whatever reason you broke up is hard on the heart, but whatever you do don't waste time to find happiness and love through Family and friends who love your family. "Go to the Mattresses" and fight, fight, fight for those in your life who show concern in your time of diffulculty, oh yea and don't forget to drink lots of Starbucks! There is magic in a cup of java.

Josh & Jenny said...

I was sorry to hear about your break up. I know it doesn't seem like it right now, but sometimes going through difficult times makes us a better person and we learn so much from it. I know I have learned a lot going through some hard times. i'm sure a lot of people have given you advice, but sometimes you just have to deal with it in your own time and in your own way, but also ask God to help you through it. Your'e a beautiful young lady, inside and out, and I know that God has something and someone special for you. Love and prayers! -Jenny